QB Michael Vick of the Philadelphia Eagles, CB Bryan McCann of the Dallas Cowboys and KR/PRWR Devin Hester of the Chicago Bears are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the 10th week of the 2010 season (November 11, 14-15), the NFL announced.
OFFENSE: QB MICHAEL VICK, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
* Vick became the first player in NFL history to record 300+ passing yards (333), 50+ rushing yards (80), four passing touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns in the same game as the Eagles defeated Washington 59-28.
* He completed 20 of 28 passes (71.4 percent) and posted a career-best 150.7 passer rating.
* He accounted for 413 total yards and six touchdowns. The Eagles had a franchise-record 592 total net yards of offense and scored 59 points, the second-highest point total in club history.
* Vick became the first player in NFL history with three passing TDs and two rushing TDs in the first half.
* His 88-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver DE SEAN JACKSON on the first play from scrimmage was the longest TD pass in the opening minute of a game in 41 years (November 9, 1969).
* He passed Pro Football Hall of Famer STEVE YOUNG (4,239) to become the NFL’s second-leading rusher among QBs with 4,295 yards.
* In his ninth season from Virginia Tech, this is Vick’s sixth career Player of the Week Award and second in a row (Week 9). He is the first quarterback to be named NFC Offensive Player of the Week in consecutive weeks since Minnesota’s RANDALL CUNNINGHAM (Weeks 4-5, 1998).
DEFENSE: CB BRYAN MC CANN, DALLAS COWBOYS
* McCann, an undrafted rookie out of Southern Methodist, had a 101-yard interception-return touchdown in the Cowboys’ 33-20 win at the New York Giants.
* He is the second rookie in the Super Bowl era with a 100+ yard interception-return touchdown (LOUIS DELMAS, 101 yards, December 20, 2009). It is the longest interception-return touchdown in team history and ties for the second-longest play by a Cowboy, trailing ALEXANDER WRIGHT’s 102-yard kickoff-return touchdown on December 22, 1991.
* Playing in his second career game, he added five tackles, including one for a five-yard loss.
· In his rookie year from Southern Methodist, this is McCann’s first career Player of the Week Award.
· He is the first Cowboys rookie to be named NFC Defensive Player of the Week since DE MARCUS WARE (Week 16, 2005).
SPECIAL TEAMS: PR-KR-WR DEVIN HESTER, CHICAGO BEARS
* Hester had 185 total yards (100 kickoff return, 47 punt return, 38 receiving) and a touchdown in the Bears’ 27-13 win over Minnesota.
* He averaged 50.0 yards on two kickoff returns, including a long of 68 yards.
* Hester averaged 23.5 yards on two punt returns, including a long of 42 yards.
* He added four receptions for 38 yards, including a 19-yard touchdown.
* This season, Hester leads the NFL averaging 16.7 yards per punt return and ties for the league lead with two punt-return touchdowns.
* In his fifth season from Miami, this is Hester’s eighth career Player of the Week Award and first since Week 17, 2007. He was honored four times in 2007 and three times in 2006.
* Hester’s eight career Special Teams Player of the Week Awards are the most ever by a return specialist. He had been tied with DANTE HALL (seven).
-- Adam Caplan